Tuesday, March 23, 2010

getting what i am owed

that client owes me for all the time i spent helping his business.

that company owes me money, and i even have it in black and white.

that guy owes me a favor for that one time i went out of the way to help him.

that friend owes me big time, for that huge cover-up.

well...

i owe a lot of different people for getting me through tough times.

i owe a lot of colleagues for opportunities, both given and taken away.

i owe a lot of strangers for their writings, videos, pictures, all for free on the web, that have entertained, educated, and inspired me.

or...

the world is out to get me anyway, and i don't owe the world a damn thing.

maybe it can be something other than what might be actually true and fair.

maybe it can be about which viewpoint to take that would feel most right, or, the least worst.