Monday, November 1, 2010

why would anyone read this?

if this was written by someone random, would i personally read it?

probably not.

i can't imagine being interested in someone's random and inconclusive musings on random topics. i definitely don't need anyone tell me what to think, what to question, how to be happy, how to be a good person. i know already. i don't have the time to do it, but i certainly could if i wanted to.

there are enough idealistic, self-righteous and wannabe spiritualists around. good job. thanks, but no thanks. i live in the real world. it sure isn't an illusion to me.

for all my intentions of summarizing this in a more readable format to possibly share with more people, it doesn't matter, since i, like all people, only read what i like to read. even attempting to imagine myself as some third person audience is bordering on impossible, since i, as an objective observer, just probably wouldn't be interested.

what if i lost my memory and had to re-start my life? at whatever age i woke up at, can i re-read my blog (or the to-be-created summarized version), knowing that in some distant past, i had written it as truthfully as i could to myself?

in the hope that this no-memory me might tread through life with a little less pain and suffering?