Tuesday, June 29, 2010

when i'm alone

once in a while - there's the feeling that i am this random single entity in a nameless ocean.

i can't even put a finger on the feeling.

there's a bit of helplessness, i'm by myself in the world, and it really is only myself. absolutely no one cares what i do or think.

there's a bit of the fear of the unknown, i have no clue what the heck i'm going to do and how to survive the rest of my journey. the only thing i'm sure of is there's certain death at the end of the journey.

there's a bit of awe, i am no different from the rocks at my feet. after all, going back to the food chain, i'm only made up of sun, water and dirt, and i'm simply an interim phase for these trillions of atoms. and this particular combination i call "me" is attempting to contemplate such matters.

there's a bit of exhilaration, that i really am free for those moments. absolutely no one cares what i do or think.

perhaps, in those moments, i find out a little bit more about myself.