Friday, June 11, 2010

what was i thinking?

whenever i look back on my younger self - via old diary entries, blogs, emails, letters, sure, there may be a few things i'm kind of proud of. but far more often, i cringe. seriously, what was i thinking?

can i take back these acts that are an incredible combination of idiocy and thoughtlessness? can i re-live certain parts of my life just to undo the hurt i caused some people? and what are the things i am doing today that will cause me to ask the same question, years from now?

looking back will always be painful. years from now, if this is still floating in cyberspace and i come across it, i will likely wonder to myself what kind of fool made these various kinds of assumptions, questions, statements.

hopefully, looking back is just a small way to remind myself the need to reflect at present, and, aim to do a little less damage in future.